Thursday, October 8, 2015

Yes We Khan: Various Artists and "Khamag Mongol"



So, I don't really know how to explain this song. Actually I do, sort of. Singers from different regions that consider themselves of Mongolian descent came together to do this song, Khamag Mongol, that celebrates Mongolian culture and unity. At least that's how I imagine it and I'm probably not that far off. Wikipedia defines Khamag Mongol as a 12th century tribal confederation that preceded the Mongol Empire But that's where my knowledge ends. I don't know who the singers are, nor do I know what the lyrics say. All I know is that the costumes are cool, the landscape of Mongolia starkly beautiful, and the sentiment seems real. I can't tell you where to find a recorded copy of Khamag Mongol, so you'll just have to enjoy this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment