Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sunny: Adriano Adewale and "Sunflower Song"

Sunflower Song by Adriano Adewale Group on Grooveshark

Because my day has been so busy, I can't write as much as I would like today. Today's random song comes from Brazil by way of London and is about sunflowers. I tried to plant sunflowers, which grow pretty well here in New Mexico, but they didn't do too well in my backyard this year. I like how healthy sunflowers look, and my sister does wonders with them in her garden - and with a great variety of types and colors!

Percussionist Adriano Adewale was born in Sao Paolo, Brazil and moved to London in 2000. He formed his first UK band, Cru, around that time which released one album. He then became part of the Antonio Forcione Quartet and toured the world with them. In 2007 he formed his own quartet, the Adriano Adewale Group and has developed a cross-music and art project called Sound Journey. He has collaborated with some huge names in global music, such as Seu Jorge, Oliver Mtukudzi and Cesaria Evora. He is currently artist in residence at the Lakeside Theatre of the University of Essex. The Guardian has called him compositions "simple but uncliched." Sunflower Song can be found on his most recent album Raizes, released in April of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment