Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chill Out: Hüseyin Bitmez and "Her Daim (Zi Punt Sufidelic Remix)"



I don't have much to say today on the song, because it's a chill Saturday and I'm feeling pretty easy. So I'll let the sounds of Hüseyin Bitmez's Her Daim, as remixed by Zi Punt, just do the talking.

Hüseyin Bitmez is a Turkish musician about whom I couldn't find any information. He appears to be an oud player, but that's all the information I can glean on the internet about him and is mostly based on photos of him holding his instrument. If anyone from Turkey or familiar with Turkish musicians sees this, perhaps you can supply more information?

Zi Punt, who remixed the song, is a Turkish group made up of Oguz Kaplangi, Chi K. and Orange who mash up electro and rock. Her Daim (Zi Punt Sufidelic Remix) can be found on the 2007 compilation Istanbul Calling Vol. 2 and on the 2009 soundtrack for the Turkish coming-of-age film Ayakta Kal.

No comments:

Post a Comment